Volunteer services are offered as part of Hospice San Lucas Volunteer Program. We are always looking for citizens not interested in personal gain, but willing to employ their energy, abilities, talents, and time in helping hospice patients. We consider our volunteers part of our interdisciplinary support team.
Volunteers are considered part of our multidisciplinary support team and they offer a helping hand with the following:
- Feeding the patient
- Personal grooming
- Light household chores
- Changing bedding
- Reading magazines, newspapers, religious material, etc., to the patient
- Preparing light meals for the patient
- Talking and listening to the patient
- Giving respite to the family member/caregiver
- Answering calls
- Helping the patient and/or family member to use the resources available in the community
- Clerical work
- Spiritual counseling
What are the participation requirements?
The most important requirement is availability and the need to help others. For more information, visit Hospice and Home Care San Lucas Main Office.
- Health Certificate
- Criminal record certificate
- One (1) recommendation letter
- Two 2x2 photos
- Law 300